Helena Bakić Begić, PhD
Department of Soil Amelioration
Office location: 5th Pavillon, 2nd floor, room number 035
phone: +385 1 239 3747
e-mail: hbakic ( at ) agr.hr
Languages: croatian, english
- 2008 - 2014: Ph.D.
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
Thesis title: Organic carbon stabilization and metal retention by organo-mineral complexation in the soils of the karst fields („polje“)
- 2002 - 2008: M.Sc.
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science
Thesis title: Structural Characteristics of the Adriatic Offshore Southwest of Istrian Peninsula
The thesis is a structural interpretation of the grid of reflectional seismic profiles of the Adriatic offshore southwest of Istrian Peninsula from the archives of INA Oil Industries Inc., Zagreb.
Employment and work experience
- 2017 - : University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
- 2015 - 2017: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
Senior expert associate
- 2013 - 2015: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
- 2007 - 2013: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
- Pollution of soil and groundwater, Geographic information system (GIS), Geostatistics
Training and research experience
- 18. 06. 2012. - 23. 06. 2012.: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture, Zagreb, Croatia (scientific)
International Summer School "Climate Change and Natural Resource Management"
- 18. 07. 2010. - 01. 08. 2010.: University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia (scientific)
International Summer School "Environmental and Resource Management"
- 03. 05. 2010. - 14. 05. 2010.: University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia (scientific)
Workshop "Communication in Science – Writing and Speaking about your Research"
- 04. 05. 2009. - 09. 05. 2009.: The Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences MedILS, Split, Croatia (expert)
International Summer School GEOSTAT 2009 Summer School "Spatio-temporal data analysis with R + SAGA + Google Earth"
- 12. 01. 2009. - 16. 01. 2009.: Algebra Training Center, Zagreb, Croatia (expert)
MS Access - Relational Databases
- 21. 04. 2008. - 25. 04. 2008.: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture, Zagreb, Croatia (scientific)
International Short Course on Introduction to Spatial Data Processing (Isatis)
- 16. 03. 2008. - 21. 03. 2008.: GISDATA d.o.o., Zagreb, Croatia (expert)
Introduction to ArcGIS
|Optimizacija rasporeda navodnjavanja određivanjem pedovarijabli||Sveučilište u Zagrebu||in progress|
|Role of soil properties and environmental conditions in elemental and isotopic composition of the olive: basis for oil geographic traceability||UKF i HRZZ||finished|
|Utjecaj malčiranja i navodnjavanja kapanjem na tok vode i dinamiku nitrata u krškim uvjetima: primjena numeričkog modeliranja||Sveučilište u Zagrebu||finished|
- 1. Felja, I., Romic, M., Romic, D., Bakic, H., Pikelj, K., Juracic, M. (2016) Application of empirical model to predict background metal concentration in mixed carbonate-alumosilicate sediment (Adriatic Sea, Croatia). Marine Pollution Bulletin 106, 1-2, 190-199.
2. Romic, M., Bragato, G., Zovko, M., Romic, D., Mosetti, D., Galovic, L., Bakic, H. (2014) The characteristics of cultivated soils developed from coastal paleosand (Korcula Island, Croatia). Catena 113, 281-291.
3. Romic, D., Romic, M., Zovko, M., Bakic, H., Ondrasek, G. (2012) Trace metals in the coastal soils developed from estuarine floodplain sediments in the Croatian Mediterranean region. Environmental geochemistry and health 34, 4, 399-416.
4. Romic, M., Zovko, M., Romic, D., Bakic, H. (2012) Improvement of vineyard management of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Grk in the Lumbarda vineyard region (Croatia). Communications in soil science and plant analysis 43, 1-2, 209-218.
5. Sollitto, D., Romic, M., Castrignano, A., Romic, D., Bakic, H. (2010) Assessing heavy metal contamination in soils of the Zagreb region (Northwest Croatia) using multivariate geostatistics. Catena 80, 3, 182-194.
6. 1. Bazon, I., Bakic, H., Romic, M. (2013) Soil Geochemistry as a Component of Terroir of the Wine growing Station Jazbina, Zagreb. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus 78, 2, 95-106.
Bibliography (CROSBI): http://bib.irb.hr/lista-radova?autor=302663