Economic Council of the Faculty of Agriculture
Upon a successful international accreditation in 2013 and in accordance with the Quality Improvement Action Plan 2014/2015 the University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture established Economic Council for the purpose of more preferable and more quality Faculty positioning in the international scientific and educational community, as well as in the economy.
The task of the Council is to guide Faculty in its activities, particularly in scientific area and application of research into practise, both in Croatia and in Europe. In educational area, the Council will suggest and inform on the market needs for various profile of students and needs for lifelong learning education. Furthermore, this fruitful cooperation will contribute to a rapid knowledge transfer into practice and faster development of agriculture and food industry which will result with greater recognition of all stakeholders.
Economic Council is comprised of seven leading companies:
- Agrokor d.d. iz Zagreba, Trg Dražena Petrovića 3, http://www.agrokor.hr/hr/
- Agroproteinka d.o.o. iz Sesvetskog Kraljevca, Strojarska cesta 1, http://www.agroproteinka.hr/
- Cromaris d.d. iz Zadra, Gaženička cesta 4/b, http://cromaris.hr/
- Chromos Agro d.d. iz Zagreba, Radnička cesta 173 n, http://www.chromos-agro.hr/
- Hrvatske vode d.d. iz Zagreba, Ulica grada Vukovara 220, http://www.voda.hr/
- Kutjevo d.d. iz Kutine, Kralja Tomislava 1, http://www.kutjevo.com/
- Osatina Grupa d.o.o. iz Semeljiaca, Kralja Tomislava 91, https://www.osatina.hr/
The constitutive meeting of the Economic Council of the University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture was held on May 7, 2014 and the Council started working.
On the same day the Council adopted a decision on the appointment of the Economic Council, Rules of procedure and Council’s president and vice president were elected. Unanimously, the dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, professor Tajana Krička, PhD was elected for the president and professor Jasminka Igrc Barčić, PhD, Chromos Agro was elected for the vice president.