Landscape Construction (197696)
|Vježbe u praktikumu||24|
|doc. dr. sc. Petra Pereković|
|Vrlo dobar (4)||81-90%|
|Periodic seminars and exercises, final exam (written).|
doc. art. Monika Kamenečki
This course enables students to expand their knowledge of specific phases of open space design, with emphasis on the technical principles used in construction phases. This topic includes insights into the purpose and content of the project documentation including the main design and the construction projects. By solving specific project tasks, students acquire skills that include project implementation phase and technical details.
Within the exercises and seminars, the design segments that follow after the concept design are covered and fall into the construction and implementation phase of the landscape architecture project. Students also develop graphic presentation skills that are appropriate for major and performance projects.
- Undergraduate studies / BS Courses taught in English (izborni predmet, 2. semestar, 1. godina)
1. receive the necessary knowledge based on the development of main design and landscape architecture construction projects
2. obtain skills in solving technical problems such as surface water drainage, terrain modeling, leveling and elevation plan
3. understanding the issue of performing works as well as the context of technical suitability of performance solutions to the principles of sustainable construction
Independent assigments; Work with mentor.
Ishodi učenja i način provjere
|Ishod učenja||Način provjere|
|Define and distinguish the main types of landscape architecture projects and their content.||Written exam, oral exam|
|Make segments of technical documentation such as main design plan, leveling plan and elevation plan||Written exam, oral exam, seminar|
|Apply technical construction principles on construction details.||Written exam, oral exam, seminar|
|Apply acquired theoretical knowledge in all phases of landscape architect projects.||Written exam, oral exam, seminar|
|Form variety of alternative technical solutions.|
|Implement the objectivities and evaluation of alternative technical solutions.|
Class attendance, active participation in exercises and seminar work.
Tjedni plan nastave
- Introduction, Role and Tasks - why is landscape architecture important; what is the role of a landscape architect.
- Cross-section on Different Types of surfaces, Elevation plan - difference between section and cross section; detailed overview of the types of surfaces and materials that are used.
- Project documentation - development of main design and landscape architecture construction projects.
- Level plan - detailed plan.
- Ground modeling and earthworks - soil improvement; simple slope protection; slope incline; classification of the particle size (soil type); artificial aggregates.
- Terrain modeling - characteristics and requirements of terrain modeling.
- Surface drainage and drainage plan with details - construction methods for drainage systems; basic calculations and parameters.
- Pedestrian surfaces - hard surfaces; type of pavement and borders; construction methods and principles.
- Vehicular surfaces - types of surfaces; traffic requirements and regulations that define different types of vehicular surfaces.
- Stairs and staircases construction with details - indoor and outdoor steps; materials and construction methods.
- Ramps and Handrails with construction details - indoor and outdoor ramps; materials, requirements and construction methods.
- Urban equipment and detail segment design - basic parameters and choice of locations; lighting elements; play and sports elements.
- Planting technique - Planting details; urban tree planting.
- Supporting walls and wall details - wall principles; freestanding and retaining walls; nonstable and stable construction methods; vertical gardens – construction methods.
- Fences and fence details - general requirements and construction methods for railings and fences.
- Time Saver (1988.): Standards for Landscape Architecture, Mc. Grawl-hill Book Company.
- Astrid Zimmermann (2008): Constructing Landscape, materials, techniques, structural components, Basel-Boston-Berlin
- Michael Littewood : Landscape detailing, Butterworth Architecture, London, Boston.
- Landphair, C Halow (1999): Landscape Architecture Construction, New Jersey.