Management and Entrepreneurship in Agriculture (188839)
|Vježbe u praktikumu||18|
|Tajana Čop, mag. ing. agr.|
izv. prof. dr. sc. Mario Njavro
The course introduces students to the concepts and the development of management and entrepreneurship.
Explain the application of management theory to management of the agricultural economy.
Learn about the nature and importance of entrepreneurship in general and the importance of entrepreneurship in agriculture. By creating a business plan/model, students are introduced to the launch of an entrepreneurial venture.
- Undergraduate studies / BS Courses taught in English (izborni predmet, 2. semestar, 1. godina)
Ishodi učenja i način provjere
|Ishod učenja||Način provjere|
|Properly interpret the core concepts of management and entrepreneurship|
|Describe the basic factors that influence planning|
|Describe and interpret business plans|
|Define contemporary organization theories|
|Define and differentiate the meaning and role of organization|
|Differentiate the goals of managers and organizations goals|
|Describe financial management and human resource management in organizations|
|Analyze the successes, dilemmas and challenges of organizations|
Attendance at lectures, exercises and seminars is mandatory.
Students must participate in learning through the e-learning (Merlin) platform.
After each lesson students have an assignment at the Merlin that they have to do until the next lecture.
Seminars are performed in the form of a business model.
Students can access the exam if all the requirements are met.
Tjedni plan nastave
- Development of Management Science (History of Management and development of Management Theory); Genesis and development of entrepreneurship
- Concept and definition of Management and Farm management; Management functions; Specialties of agricultural production; Processes within farm management
- Concept of planning and types of plans; Defining goals; Prediction; Determining a strategy; Resource allocation; Task scheduling; Procedures
- Role and meaning of organization; Contemporary organization theories; Goals of managers and organizations; Development of structure; Delegation; Establishing relationships; Effects of organizing
- Leadership and Motivation (Initiation; Selection of personnel; Personnel development; Communication; Promotion)
- Control; Standard development; Choice of control system; Techniques of control; Monitoring; Performance Measurement; Performance enhancement
- The term of enterprise entrepreneur and entrepreneurship; Entrepreneurial functions; Forms of entrepreneurship; Entrepreneurship, uncertainty and risk; Business decision making
- The change process: Managing change; Prompts of change; Types of change; Reasons of resistance; Resistance control; Change goals; Techniques for Reducing Resistance to Change
- Business planning: business model: Customer Segments; Value Propositions; Channels
- Business planning: business model: Customer Relationship Revenue Streams; Key Resources; Key Activities
- Business planning: business model: Key Partnership; Cost Structure
- Features of organization and management in livestock production
- Features of organization and management in plant production
- Students’ work
- Students’ work
- Robbins, S.P., Coulter, M.: Management. Eleventh edition, Pearson, USA, 2012
- Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y.: Business model Generation, USA, 2010
- Olson, K.D.: Economics of Farm Management in a Global Setting. John Wiley&Sons, Inc. USA, 2011.
- Carpenter, M., Bauer, T., Erdogan, B.: Management Principals v.1.0, 2012