Architectural design-Studio (152102)
|Vježbe u praktikumu||82|
|izv. prof. art. Stanko Stergaršek, d.i.a.|
|doc. dr. sc. Iva Rechner Dika|
|doc. dr. sc. Iva Rechner Dika|
|Vrlo dobar (4)||81-90%|
|Uvjeti za dobivanje potpisa|
|Regular attendance and completing set tasks on time.|
izv. prof. art. Stanko Stergaršek, d.i.a.
Information about the content and topics of the course. The similarities, differences and the interconnectedness of architecture and landscape architecture disciplines, with particular reference to the problem of interconnection of interior and exterior spaces and interaction of architectural and landscape space.
Lectures - Main elements of architectural design process. Elements of urbanistic analysis, architectural analysis of individual buildings. Project plans, project program, building programming. Analysis of spatial planning documents, regulations and design requirements (traffic and parking, regulations for persons with reduced mobility, fire reqirements, urban planning parameters). Building Particle - natural terrain; floor area - TP, gross building area - GBP, building volumes; parts – building floors). Materials in architecture. Basics of architectural constructions – construction types, basic construction principles, constructive raster. Spatial and technical subsystems, installations, building physics. Measures, measurement systems, modular coordination. Establish a system of measures in architecture, the basis of dimensioning and the proportioning of space. Measuring systems as a result of ergonomics and complex systems based on mathematics or number symbolism (Golden Cut, Fibonacci Series, Modulor, etc.). Relationship between measurements in architecture and dimensions in the open space. Urban composition, architectural composition. Simultaneous experience of external and internal space.
Exercises and Seminars - Design and functional concept of the building, inner and outer space connection articulation - sketches, drawings, work model, three-dimensional views. Conceptual design project - drawings, model and technical description with urbanistic parameters. Simultaneous design of architectural and landscape design project, simultaneous and interactive approach, projects harmonization before final definition of each project part.
Exam - Student presents and argues its architectural and landscape design to the others from the group, with questions, discussion and critical evaluation of other respondents, mentors and guest critics.
- Graduate studies / MS Courses taught in English (izborni predmet, 1. semestar, 1. godina)
The student is trained to recognize and critically reflect on the aesthetic values of architectural and urban spatial compositions, to create and modify related landscape related designs, as well as for full professional communication and collaboration with architects, urban planners and experts in related areas.
A student can get clarifications of the course material or a comment on a seminar or project.
- Design exercises
As part of the design exercises, the students create conceptual design of the building and the outer space, including the urban layout of the individual contents.
Lectures include theoretical and practical aspect of architectural design (in simplified form) and connect architectural and landscape design.
Through seminars related to the project topic, students work in groups and explore selected topics and present them to others.
Ishodi učenja i način provjere
|Ishod učenja||Način provjere|
|Identify, assess and evaluate the existing landscape, including its architectural and urban features, and recognize the importance of events in landscape architecture at community and society level||Seminar, Oral exam|
|Define landscape quality elements, including its architectural and urban features, and therefore define the goals of possible development in landscape||Seminar, Oral exam|
|Differentiate urban and rural open space typology and their determination by designed or built architecture and / or urban plan, and determine their functional commitment and design qualities||Seminar, Oral exam|
|Recognize the importance of events in landscape architecture, especially by noting the problem landscape degradation by building||Seminar, Oral exam|
|Identify society and individual needs and towards landscapes and open spaces and their linkage to architectural content, within the imposed frameworks generated from economic, ecological and cultural factors and various technical possibilities||Pismeni (projekt), Usmeni|
|Identify society and individual needs and towards landscapes and open spaces and their linkage to architectural content, within the imposed frameworks generated from economic, ecological and cultural factors and various technical possibilities||Written (project), Oral exam|
|Design new landscape structures linked to architectural content and based on contemporary organizational, planning and designing skills, while meeting the human and natural requirements (protection of the natural environment and heritage)||Written (project), Oral exam|
|Generate a larger number of conceptual designs, choose and propose the most convenient area design||Written (project), Oral exam|
Regularly maintain all forms of teaching. Specified time for consultations beyond regular classes.
Regular attendance and completing set tasks.
|Elementi praćenja||Maksimalno bodova ili udio u ocjeni||Bodovna skala ocjena||Ocjena||Broj sati izravne nastave||Ukupni broj sati rada prosječnog studenta||ECTS bodovi|
Vrlo dobar (4)
Vrlo dobar (4)
|Written (project), oral (project presentation and answering questions)||80||
Vrlo dobar (4)
Tjedni plan nastave
- Course introduction. Similarities, differences and the correlation between architecture and landscape architecture. The problem of architectural and lanscape space interaction. Assignment distribution (plans and programme), tour of the site. Photographing, sketching, discussion
- Field work - relation between architectural innner space and urban landscape, relevant examples, analyses. Photographing, sketching, discussion Class work - relation between architectural innner space and urban landscape, relevant examples, analyses
- Main elements of architectural design proces; elements of urban analysis in different scales, particular building architectural analysis, landscape analysis. Graphic analysis. sketches, discussion.
- Analysis of space planning documents, regulations and preconditions for design, basic terms. Building placement on the site, the main functional groups recognition. Graphic analysis. sketches, discussion.
- The main functional groups zoning and orientation, interrelation with surroundig landscape. Graphic analysis. sketches, discussion
- Human dimensions, space dimensions, system of modular coordination. Relation between indoor and outdoor space dimensions and systems. Urbanistic, architectural and landscape composition interrelation. The main functional groups sizing - innner and outer space. Graphic analysis. sketches, discussion.
- Building design and functional concept elaboration (ili development),: defining building-landscape correlation; making a working model.
- Design concept presentation, discussion.
- Building and landscape design and functional concept corrections and further elaboration; working model; floor plans, sections, facades (sketches).
- Materials in architecture. Basics of architectural construcion. Spatial and technical subsystems. Defining basic constructual system and consctructual grid. .
- Development and dimensioning of particular spaces within facility groups. Defining relations between indoor and outdoor spaces. Defining and dimensioning outdoor facilities.
- Building and landscape design; materials and colours.
- Building and landscape design presentation, discussion.
- Conceptual design project - require elements and their content. Technical description - required elements and urbanistic parameter calculations.parametara.
- Final conceptual design presentation, critical evaluation, discussion.
- Neufert, E. (2012): Architects' Data, Wiley-Blackwell , A john Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Pubication
- 6. Frampton, K. (2002): Modern architecture - a critical history, Thames & Hudson world of art, SIngapore