Laboratory of the Department of Fisheries, Apiculture, Wildlife Management and Special Zoology
Location: White villa
Laboratory is designed for ichthyological and standard hydrochemical and hydrobiological analyses in aquatic ecology.
The Laboratory work areas include the following analyses and laboratory testing:
- Taxonomy, systematics and origin of freshwater and marine fish species
- Qualitative - quantitative composition of ichthyofauna and annual growth of fish in inland waters
- Analysis of the structure of fish populations, fish age and growth, gonadal development, natural diet, etc.
- Morphological analyzes of fish (classical methods and geometric morphometry)
- Physico-chemical analyzes of water
- Species indicators and population density of phytoplankton and zooplankton
- Biomass and composition of macrozoobenthos
Head of the laboratory: Prof. Marina Piria, PhD