of Animal Nutrition
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture
Svetošimunska cesta 25, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Pavilion 2nd, Ground Floor
- 2012. - 2014., Reproduction and rearing of Zagorje turkeys on family farms, Ministry of Agriculture Republic of Croatia, Zlatko Janječić, University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture
- 2007. - 2013., Nutritional, prebiotical and antioxidative properties of corn for domestic animals, Ministry of Science, Education and Sport, Republic of Croatia, Darko Grbeša, University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture
Services and Products
Scientific and technical cooperation to improve livestock production.
Department over a decade working with 30 companies and advisory services in the field of animal feed production, breeding and fattening animals. Department provides services to: Chemical analysis of feed, mixed feed recipes, preparation of expert studies, consultations, lectures and seminars in the field of animal nutrition.
prof. dr. Darko Grbeša, PhD, assistant professor Jasna Pintar, Ph.D., Senior Assistant Goran Kiš, Ph.D.
Experimental stations and laboratories
Laboratory of the Department is accredited for testing of physical-chemical properties of feed according to ISO / IEC 17025:2007 for the five methods, and is qualified for the 30 other analyzes of animal feed.
Assistant professor Jasna pintar Ph.D. Head of Laboratory
Ksenija Gazic, Msc. ing Quality manager
Anita Brnić, engineer, Technical manager
Experimantal poultry house
In the house of 100 m2 the biological experiments carried out with all kinds of poultry
Professor Zlatko Janječić, Ph.D.
Department of Animal Nutrition was founded in 1938 by secession from the Department of Animal Husbandry of former Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry. The founder of the Department Professor Ph. D. Ivan Šmaljcelj (Head 1938 to 1945) realized the importance of the bulkiness of animal nutrition as a scientific and technical disciplines within the livestock and thus began a long and rich history of the Institute.
After Professor Šmaljcelj head of the Department became professor Branko Horvat (1945 - 1968) who organized the chemical laboratory as a basis of further scientific and technical activities of the Department Professor. Hrvoje Zlatić (Head 1968-1978 1986 - 1990) established a strong domestic and international cooperation and recognition of the Department, and introduced a postgraduate course "Animal nutrition and feeding technology."
The following Heads led the Department to:
- prof. dr. Zdravko Černy (1978 - 1984)
- prof. dr. Željko Berić (1984 - 1986)
- prof. dr. Tajana Černy (1990 - 1997)
- prof. dr. Darko Grbeša (1997 - 1998)
- prof. dr. Stjepan Mužic (1998 - 2012)
- prof.dr.sc. Zlatko Janječić (2012 – now)